VSOP Club and the « TRANSTAHITIENNE »
« La Transtahitienne » was born in 2007 from a team of 4 friends who created a club a year before : The VSOP Club
Those « Vieux Sportifs Oenologiquement Passionnés » (Oncolicaly Passionated Old Athletes) wanted to regroup their personal experiences and launch an original trial in Tahiti.
Some of them have had the opportunity to travel in different countries by running, biking or with triathlon ; while others created triathlon clubs (Club Avignon Triathlon and Kona Tri Tahiti) as well as Run & Bike races.
Their wifes and children have been drawn with in this adventure and involved a hundred percent to complete successfully this project.
The main belief was to share happiness and sorrow of a difficult race to the winners as well as to people in last places.
Every single athletes will be rewarded and amateurs happy to meet professionals.
Then, members of the club were passionated by oenology and had the wish to share this passion by organising win tasting (with sobriety !) which is consistently offered to athletes with arguments and analysis.
Finally, instead of just compete and leave after the race, the VSOP has decided to regroup everyone for a diner and a big ceremony with show and animations.
One of the VSOP main objectives is to donate a part of the receipt to non profit organisations.
Since 2007, the club hand an amount of money from each races receipt :
- 2007 : To TELETHON
- 2008 : To APTH (Aide à la reconversion des Travailleurs Handicapés) to help them buy a exercice bench.
- 2009 : To a locale a locale organization « Défi pour la Terre » by Nicolas Hulot which raise awareness among children in school about environment safeguarding
- 2010 : Competition canceled
- 2011 : To La Croix Rouge and the charity « Enfance de l’Art ».The Club has regrouped volunters to swim from Tahiti to Moorea to support diabetes fighting (Rotary Club)
- 2012 : To l’Epicerie Sociale and l’APRLC to support cancer fight
- 2013 : To la Croix Rouge and APRLC (now APAC).
- 2014 : To « Pulse Arsla » to support amyotrophic lateral sclerosis fight.
- 2015 : The Club will donate once again to « Pulse Arsla »
Four friends at the heart of the VSOP club
The “VSOP Tribe”
Stéphanie, Denise, Leana, Virginie, Maeva, Alizée, Corinne, Myriam, Isabelle, Fabrice.
But also Cyril, Matthieu, André, Anne-Sophie, Christophe, Cécile all ex members of the club.
Our Loyal Partners
Beyond the VSOP Family, different entrepreneurs have believed on our projects and followed us until today.
Thank You !
- Mr Yann WOLFF – MARAMA NUI and Mr Hervé DUBOSQ MARTIN – EDT
- Mr Torea COLAS – AIR TAHITI NUI
- Mr Rémy BRILLANT – MAIRIE DE PAPEETE and Mme Mata GANAHOA
- Mr Thierry MOSSER – BRASSERIE DE TAHITI
- Mr Bruno MARTY – TEP
- Mr Jean Pierre LELOCH – POLYNESIENNE DES EAUX Moorea
- Mr Benoit GERARD – STP and FAST PRINT
- Mr Bruno BELLANGER – PLASTISERD and TAHITI SIGN
- Mr Franck ADRAI – SDA
- Mr Dominique CURATOLO – GRAS SAVOYE
- Mr Jean Michel MONOT – MANUTEA and JUS DE FRUITS DE MOOREA
Jean-Pierre LE LOCH
Depuis le début du projet, VSOP a toujours remis une partie de ses recettes à des organismes d’entraide, social, médical et humanitaire.
- Association APTH Handicapés
- Fondation Nicolas Hulot
- Epicerie Sociale et à l’APRLC
- Croix Rouge
En 2018, VSOP versera un don à l’association pour les enfants malades “Les ptits aitos du fenua”.